Ice Vibe Boots
Ice Vibe offer a range of therapy boots for horses. They combine the effects of cooling and massage therapy to effectively treat strains, ligaments and tendon damage. Everyday wear and tear on joints can be managed with daily use of the boots and rehabilitation through injury can be achieved more effectively.
Using Ice Vibe boots before you ride can help to prepare your horses legs for exercise, while they stand in the stable.
After exercise you can use the boots with the inner cold packs creating cold circulation.
Assists your horse to repair wear and tear whilst in the stable or out in the field, both before and after exercise.
How To Use Ice Vibe Boots
- First ensure the panels are in the boots, with the flat side to the horse’s leg.
- Although you can move the panel to different pockets in the boots the best place to use the panel for maintenance or rehabilitation is in the pocket that sits at the back of the tendon.
- The extra full cold packs have a top and bottom as marked on the cold pack, they have two splits that sit over the front of the fetlock. If the slits are not open you can open with scissors on the two thickened lines that are over the front of the fetlock joints.
- When using hock or knee boots the panel goes into the pocket battery first, so the on/off mark is in line with the on/off mark on the boot.
- Setting 2 is the main setting when being used daily.
- Always use with cold packs if swelling is present.
- The most effective way to use your boots at an event is to wait until the legs have cooled down, then use on setting two with the cold packs, the reason for this is that when your horse is very hot and the blood is pumping around the horses body in large volumes the vibration is not required until the legs have cooled off to help flush out any soreness and swelling.
Posted In Horsecare , equestrian , horse , Horseware , ice vibe